Friday, February 25, 2011

so far....

I  completed on my treadmill today (since the weather is so forbidding...)

1/1 x10 which means I walked 1 minute and ran  1 minute on my treadmill for a total of 10 times.  It  might seem lame ,but that is where I am at.  I actually took the time to warm up 5 minutes and cool down 5 min and stretch; amazing that I bothered to do either one but from what I have been reading it is important, considering I have High Blood Pressure.  So i am off and running  :)

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, Patty! I dream of doing a 5k someday, too! I would love to run "with" Tim instead of just cheering him on....

    Have you heard of the Couch to 5K program? If not, google it. Lots of great info and it really does start from your couch! Baby steps for sure.

    Such a great goal! You can do it!!!
    Theresa F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there!! such a great goal and you are doing it just the right way - slow and steady!! I started walking/running last may and did my first 5k in september and it was one of the best feelings I've ever had. I ran two more after that. You will feel so accomplished and the best part is, each time you complete a work out and go just a little longer than the time before, you have accomplished something great!! Be careful to stretch, esp afterwards - injuries are no fun!! I'm working on coming back from some plantar faciaitis and its a pain!! Take good care of yourself and celebrate each workout!! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an AWESOME idea...... high BP ehh? must run in the family

    Brian

    ReplyDelete