Sunday, May 15, 2011

ALMOST 3 MONTHS

It has been almost exactly 3 months since i have started the training to run a 5K.  I have had my worst time of all these past two weeks.  Things were going great until fairly recently.  To the point that i actually took a week off.  I had  been to the doctor and my cholesterol was the highest it has ever been, blood pressure up and not able to loose a pound.  If i look back none of those things were my goal.... my GOAL was to RUN a 5K but they kinda of took over my goal.  And when I received such a frustrating and disappointing report after working on this for 3 months i really became discouraged! 

So, I ran yesterday and actually had to walk in the middle of a run for the first time .... I am going to really try hard to refocus this week.  My first 5k is this Saturday and I was looking so forward to it!  Somehow i hope my determination and confidence resurfaces and I continue after Saturday.  I will let you know how it goes.  Send positive vibes my way- self sabotage go away! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure you got my message on your blog site. Keep going! you are almost there and have come so far! I am proud of you - you have done what I only sit back and say I want to do. Finish the 5K on Saturday and you will feel so empowered!

    I will be praying and thinking about you.

    XOXO
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st-I like the rhyme at the end
    2nd-focus on your goal- which I believe was to finish a 5k run-yes? It doesnt matter if you run and then walk, you will cross the finish line!!!!!!!!
    3rd-this is going to be a fun weekend for you guys-dont be a down because you feel you have let youraelf down somehow, because you havent-even charlie will be there to witness it all-so GET MOVING!

    Deirdre

    ReplyDelete