Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 20, 2011

This is the third time I have typed this…  I deleted twice by accident
I have been logging my progress in a cool little running journal.  I bought it when I got my sneakers last week.  I should say invested in sneakers because they cost me $100!  I have been tracking my running since I started Feb.25 in a  scrappy little note book.  I transferred all the info into the new one.  It is awesome to look back to my first days and see that I started with running 1 min., walking 1 min, 10 times. ( I actually think it is funny) I have come to today’s task which was run 20 min, walk 1 and run 10 more.  I am trying to figure out how long it takes me to run a mile.  My treadmill cannot be accurate or for sure I will come in last and they will be packing the table up.
Once it stops snowing, raining and sleeting this month I want to run outside regularly.  But, as of yet I am still inside where something is predictable.
One month to the Lilac 5K and I am  very excited!  We are staying overnight since the run is at 8am Charlie is coming too.  Surprisingly Hilton’s are pet friendly!!
I don’t know what happens after I finish  all the 5k emails from about.com… I guess I just run on my own.  I like being told what to run and then I just do it.  Hopefully, I will still be running all summer and make it to my original goal of running at the summerfest 5k in August.  What happens after that??  I don’t know… Maybe I will never run again, maybe I will go for a 10 K who knows.  But I do know that I take it one day at a time and I have come a long way.  A friend told me every second equals a minute, every minute equals a mile and every mile takes you closer to your goal.  I love that mantra and think about it all the time when I am running.
So do you want to join me?  Are you in?  I am in!
I am very encouraged by the emails, comments and supportive words.  I appreciate it and it is what keeps me going!
Have a Blessed Easter !

2 comments:

  1. yeah-Charlie gets to go!!! You shouldnt be disappointed with the hilton- comfort for all.

    what will you do after the about.com emails stop???
    c'mon since when do you need to be told what to do ;>


    Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty,

    Just need to say that you are so inspirational - it almost makes me want to try, but I always seem to come up with that excuse "I don't have time"!

    I am very proud of you!

    Xo
    Christine

    ReplyDelete