Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WHERE I'M AT.....

Well, i finally ran outside!!!!!!!!!!!  i ran to the crow's nest on dodge rd and back. (2.58 mi)
i felt compelled on Saturday .  it was such a beautiful day.  i had just purchased a purple Nike shirt for the Lilac Fest. and i couldn't imagine running on the treadmill again.  i was hesitant but running on the treadmill seemed worse so i went for it!  i called the girls from my cell and asked them to come out onto the front porch to cheer me on.  I knew then i could not walk into court.  They were their with charlie and ran to greet me.  It was awesome and a major accomplishment for me.

So, today i went to Fleet Feet and was fitted for a pair of BROOKS running sneakers. They feel good and i am going to run 15/1 x2 today, tomorrow i cross train.  i have been using the bike or elliptical and weights just once a week.  So I start week 5 of the 5k training on Saturday.  i have been building up my endurance since the end of February.  Yesterday i ran for 28 minutes no problem.  it's amazing considering one or two minutes would make my chest hurt when i breathed.

Lilac 5K is about   5 weeks away.  i actually think i may be able to do this now!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. GOOD job on your progress!!!! That is just wonderful how you have stuck to your program and are showing so much improvement! I am truly jealous! YOU GO GIRL!

    XOXO
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course you're going to be able to do this...........you're not......dare I say 90? Have you forgotten your genes???????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Patty! I know you have the strength and stamina to continue! Rock on sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty,

    This is the first time I have had a chance to read your blog. Nice going! I can run for about a minute before I am dying!

    mary

    ReplyDelete